Excellent attendance at school allows a child to have the best possible start in life.
There are lots of reasons why a child should attend school:
- To learn
- To build confidence and self-esteem
- To understand responsibility
- To develop new skills
- To grow as individuals
- To gain qualifications
- To make new friends, have fun and develop life skills
- To develop awareness of other cultures
Attendance Matters was founded in 2014 and provides attendance services to schools and academies across northern Lincolnshire.
By doing so, our team is helping every young person achieve their potential through regular school attendance.
BBC Family & Education
- MPs call for national register of home-educated childrenThey say the government must "get a grip" on the number of children taught at home in England.
- National Adoption Strategy: £48m to improve services in EnglandA new National Adoption Strategy aims to enhance support to families and end a postcode lottery.
- Daily testing can keep pupils in school, study suggestsA study in 200 English secondary schools and colleges found very few infections in close contacts of cases.
- 'Ghost school' with no students for a second yearEnglish language schools warn they are on the "brink of collapse" after two summers without students.
- Parents' fears over sexting and abuse among teenagersA mother and a father reveal their shock at learning of their children's experiences of online sex.