Excellent attendance at school allows a child to have the best possible start in life.
There are lots of reasons why a child should attend school:
- To learn
- To build confidence and self-esteem
- To understand responsibility
- To develop new skills
- To grow as individuals
- To gain qualifications
- To make new friends, have fun and develop life skills
- To develop awareness of other cultures
Attendance Matters was founded in 2014 and provides attendance services to schools and academies across northern Lincolnshire.
By doing so, our team is helping every young person achieve their potential through regular school attendance.
BBC Family & Education
- Covid: Secondary school pupils in England advised to wear masksMinisters want to make sure education settings in England are safe amid fears about a new variant.
- Covid: Schools asked to test on-site after ChristmasSecondary schools in England are asked to prepare to carry out initial tests on-site, as in September.
- Meditation could replace school detention, suggests councillorA Nottingham city councillor suggests a shake-up of the "punitive culture" at schools in the city.
- Children's grief charity shares letters to help with lossMark Lemon, whose dad was murdered, encourages young people to write a letter to their younger self.
- Cambridge sculpture makes a stand on culture warsLeading academics see Paulo Freire as a symbol of "tolerance and dialogue" amid tensions on campuses.