Excellent attendance at school allows a child to have the best possible start in life.
There are lots of reasons why a child should attend school:
- To learn
- To build confidence and self-esteem
- To understand responsibility
- To develop new skills
- To grow as individuals
- To gain qualifications
- To make new friends, have fun and develop life skills
- To develop awareness of other cultures
Attendance Matters was founded in 2014 and provides attendance services to schools and academies across northern Lincolnshire.
By doing so, our team is helping every young person achieve their potential through regular school attendance.
BBC Family & Education
- Cost of living: Teachers' union issues strike vote warning over payThe proposed pay rise of 5% will mean starting salaries for teachers will be £28,866 a year.
- Nurseries warn of closure risk without new fundingFifteen councils have still to set funding rates for free childcare places for the new school year
- Glasgow students denied university accommodationProspective Glasgow University students have been told they are no longer guaranteed a place to stay.
- A-level results 2022: When are they out and how are grades being decided?More than a million students are waiting for results decided by the first exams since the pandemic.
- Why have so many children's homes opened in Blackpool?Councils across the country are sending vulnerable young people to children's homes in Blackpool. The approach is raising concerns.