Excellent attendance at school allows a child to have the best possible start in life.
There are lots of reasons why a child should attend school:
- To learn
- To build confidence and self-esteem
- To understand responsibility
- To develop new skills
- To grow as individuals
- To gain qualifications
- To make new friends, have fun and develop life skills
- To develop awareness of other cultures
Attendance Matters was founded in 2014 and provides attendance services to schools and academies across northern Lincolnshire.
By doing so, our team is helping every young person achieve their potential through regular school attendance.
BBC Family & Education
- Teachers will be protected from council job cuts, says SturgeonThe First Minister said it would not be acceptable for Scotland's teaching workforce to decrease.
- Teachers’ strike dates: When are they and will schools close?Teachers are striking over pay in the biggest unions in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Strike action: Majority of NI teachers to walk out for half a dayIt is expected many schools will close until midday on Tuesday 21 February.
- Girl, 14, stabbed at Didsbury school and boy arrestedThe girl was attacked and seriously injured at a school in the Didsbury area of Manchester.
- University strikes: Why staff across the UK are taking industrial actionMore than 70,000 university staff are taking part in the strikes, says their union, the UCU.