Excellent attendance at school allows a child to have the best possible start in life.
There are lots of reasons why a child should attend school:
- To learn
- To build confidence and self-esteem
- To understand responsibility
- To develop new skills
- To grow as individuals
- To gain qualifications
- To make new friends, have fun and develop life skills
- To develop awareness of other cultures
Attendance Matters was founded in 2014 and provides attendance services to schools and academies across northern Lincolnshire.
By doing so, our team is helping every young person achieve their potential through regular school attendance.
BBC Family & Education
- Transfer tests: More than 23,500 children find out school placesFor the first time in decades, almost all grammar schools are not using transfer tests.
- PM pledges £430m for girls missing education amid aid rowBoris Johnson at G7 announces funding for girls' education after row over international aid cuts.
- Kent to turn away lone child migrants from Monday due to "extreme pressure"Kent County Council has reached "the limit of safe capacity" 10 months after taking similar action.
- Cecil Rhodes: Oxford lecturers boycott Oriel College over statue decisionAcademics refuse to tutor students of Oriel College, which chose to keep the controversial statue.
- School skirts ban: St Martin's in Caerphilly changes uniformThe move follows "frequent" complaints skirts are "far too revealing", the head teacher says.