Excellent attendance at school allows a child to have the best possible start in life.
There are lots of reasons why a child should attend school:
- To learn
- To build confidence and self-esteem
- To understand responsibility
- To develop new skills
- To grow as individuals
- To gain qualifications
- To make new friends, have fun and develop life skills
- To develop awareness of other cultures
Attendance Matters was founded in 2014 and provides attendance services to schools and academies across northern Lincolnshire.
By doing so, our team is helping every young person achieve their potential through regular school attendance.
BBC Family & Education
- GCSE and A-level grades in Wales to be marked generously in 2023Qualifications Wales says the decision reflects the "long-term impact" the pandemic had on learners.
- 'Choosing between heat and nappies is my biggest worry'With the energy price cap set to rise, BBC News talks to Kezia, who struggles on a prepayment meter.
- The school fines lottery for parents with absent childrenFamilies of children who miss school face harsher penalties depending on where they live in England, the BBC has found.
- GCSE and A-level grades to fall to pre-Covid levels in EnglandA-level and GCSE results in 2023 will be much closer to 2019 levels after a boom in top grades.
- Transgender charity Mermaids under investigationThe Charity Commission is investigating concerns over safeguarding.