Excellent attendance at school allows a child to have the best possible start in life.
There are lots of reasons why a child should attend school:
- To learn
- To build confidence and self-esteem
- To understand responsibility
- To develop new skills
- To grow as individuals
- To gain qualifications
- To make new friends, have fun and develop life skills
- To develop awareness of other cultures
Attendance Matters was founded in 2014 and provides attendance services to schools and academies across northern Lincolnshire.
By doing so, our team is helping every young person achieve their potential through regular school attendance.
BBC Family & Education
- Ofsted points to total school disruption in some areasRegional Ofsted bosses say schooling has been 'completely disrupted' by Covid-19 in some areas.
- Vulnerable children in lockdown 'national concern'Ofsted's annual report warns of children out of sight and in danger during the pandemic.
- Covid: How might GCSE and A-levels work this summer?An announcement about plans for next summer's exams in England is expected later this week.
- Scotland starts mass testing of studentsTwo new mass testing programmes are under way in a bid to drive down infection rates before Christmas.
- Student Covid testing begins for Christmas exodusUniversities open mass testing centres for students so they can travel home safely for Christmas.